I am visiting Los Angeles. The thing about that is that i am only a recent visitor to Los Angeles. What i mean by that is that I moved to Denver after having lived in Los Angeles for 18 plus years in January of 2009.
Visiting Los Angeles is so wonderful and the operative word is "visiting". I am glad to be a visitor. While living here i would intermittently sense that the intensity of the city was worth getting away from and maybe even moving. And yet living on the beach doing lots of great yoga having my family here would soothe my motivation and i would stay . . .year after year.
But in January the landlady of the place i was renting decided to "reclaim" her house and I needed to move. I chose Denver because of my girlfriend living there. But now i love it! Denver is a great place to live. Eventually The Zen Drummer will most likely move to Boulder. But for now, I really do love Denver a lot more than i thought.
So since January i have been a resident of Denver.
I am returning to LA for over a week to do the after party at the Geffen Playhouse for Matthew Modine's play, Save the Alpacas (http://savethealpacas.com/). This is a great gig but not officially a Zen Drummer performance more of an "event" but looks to be super fun. The event coordinator wanted "tribal" . . . .So tribal she shall get!
I am playing with a couple of longtime percussion buddies, CT and also, a longtime drummer friend, who is a bit shy so i won't say who he is . . . are playing with me on Wednesday. I will check with him to see what he wants to be called.
He has been gracious enough to produce my upcoming EP in his studio at his house.
So The Zen Drummer will have a Gayatri Mantra posted to my website soon.
The last thing i want to say in the blog is that i had an amazing conversation on the way out. I flew on Southwest as the Zen Drummer often does. I heart Southwest. And a older Venezuelan lady sat next to me. Elizabeth. What an amazing soul. Somehow we started talking about the LA pollution and she was saying that there is a group in Los Angeles that has been meditating for the pollution to leave. That topic led to talking about Meditation which led to talking about spirituality for the entire trip. Turns out Elizabeth is a quite openminded older Catholic and meditates and has a true progressive approach to her spirituality and life.
And thus ends the first blog post of The Zen Drummer.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment